Are you suffering from blackhead issues? Is your skin prone to the reoccurrence of blackheads even after the removal? If yes, it’s time to change your diet and adopt a skincare routine that will help you manage your blackheads. So, if you are looking for the ways, processes, and tips that are effective in removing them, then here’s how to get rid of the stubborn blackheads.
A Step-By-Step Guide To Remove Blackheads At Home
In this guide, we’ll dive into easy and effective blackhead removal techniques, along with some insider tips to keep your skin feeling fresh and clear.
Step 1: If you have any makeup on your face, then take a cleanser on a cotton ball and remove it. Now, take an oil or water-based face wash and gently wash the dirt or excess oil from your face.
Step 2: After patting your face with a towel, it is time to give it a steam. For this, you must take hot water in a bowl and lean over your face until the vapor reaches it. You can also use a portable vaporizer for this to complete this step comfortably. Other than that, you can soak a thick towel in warm water and then put that damp cloth on your face for a few minutes.
Step 3: Steam opens your pores and makes it easier to remove the blackhead, so now take a mild exfoliating scrub and apply it on the face. Gently move your fingers in a circular motion unclog the pores, and remove the dead skins. Now wipe your face with a damp cloth and put a nose strip for a few minutes. You can remove it later, and your blackheads will come out sticking to the strip.
Step 4: Now it’s time to put the mask on your face as they can remove extra oil that leads to the occurrence of blackheads. You can mix clay powder and rose water in a bowl and apply a thin layer on your face. Leave it for 15-20 minutes to dry, and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Step 5: For the final step, you must apply non-comedogenic moisturizers and keep your skin hydrated without clogging pores. You must maintain this skincare routine in order to prevent the reappearance of blackheads.
Other Ways To Remove Blackhead
- You can visit a dermatologist or licensed skincare professional for the extraction of blackheads. On your visit, you will see that they generally use stainless tools for the removal. Although it is a bit painful, you can see your face glow after the extraction. Also, there will be no chances of infections or scarring if it is done by professionals.
- You can use retinoid creams or gels as they help you to prevent the formation of blackheads. These are suitable for normal, oily, and dry skin, so you can easily use them without any problem. However, if you are allergic to the components of the cream or gel, then it is better to avoid using it.
- Salicylic acid serves as a skin exfoliator; hence, you can use it to unclog pores and reduce blackheads. This product also cleanses your face and reduces any dark spots on your skin.
Tips To Keep In Mind While Removing Blackhead
- You must make sure that your makeup is fully removed before you start the process of blackhead removal.
- You must use the products that suit your skin type.
- Avoid squeezing blackheads with your fingers or other tools.
- It is important to maintain a consistent skincare routine to keep skin free from blackheads.
- You must drink plenty of water as it keeps your skin hydrated and thus reduces the chances of blackheads.
- When you go out in the sun, you must cover your face with a piece of cloth. Other than that, it is best if you apply sunscreen with high SPF.
- Always use gentle hands on your face while exfoliating and washing to avoid irritation.
- Consult a dermatologist if you see any reaction after using the products on your face.
Removing a blackhead sounds easy, but it involves multiple steps and requires patience. You can remove it by yourself at home or get help from a professional. Also, make sure that you do not use your nails on them, as you may scratch the area and leave a scar mark. If you are removing it at home, then you must be mindful while choosing the products as they vary for different skin types.