Double eyelids refer to the crease in the upper lid and are an important element in increasing beauty. Different people have eyes shaped with six variations, colors and types, differentiating from Asian and Western cultures. People who don’t have double eyelids perform surgery to get a crease. It is also known as Blepharoplasty, which shapes a wrinkle in the upper eyelids.
If you are thinking or performing double eyelid surgery and want to know everything related to possible risks, recovery, and final results, then you are at the right place. Here, you will get detailed information about this surgery process and its facts, such as pros, cons, potential complications, and care after surgery.
Know Everything About Double Eyelid Surgery
Double eyelid surgery is a common technique in which the attached eyelids’ muscles are removed. It is commonly seen among non-Asian individuals. However, it is not recommended for people suffering from bulging eyes, dry eyes and people with thyroid disease.
Also, after the surgery, it gives a more vibrant and youthful appearance and is considered another beautician procedure. There are mainly 3 types of double eyelid surgery, namely-
- Incisional procedure
- Non incisional procedure
- Partial incision
In this case, the extra skin is removed, and the remaining is pulled. Afterward, stitches are done to give proper support. It takes several months for a better cure and return to its original shape. Also, there may be some marks after surgery that fade away after weeks.
Some Potential Pros And Cons Of Double Eyelid Surgery
Although double eyelid surgery enhances beauty by increasing the size of the eyes, it covers some potential cons and pros. Let us see in detail-
Pros Of Double Eyelid Surgery
- It helps look at your eyelids to easily contract and relax and make them enlarge.
- There is a bit of mild pain, which shows earlier recovery and gives a different look to eyesight.
- Also, it helps lift your eyelid and lets you see the objects clearly.
- It stops eye irritation in certain conditions.
- Moreover, this surgery eases applying eye makeup like eyelashes and eyeshadow to look flawless on any occasion.
- It makes the eyes appear larger and more beautiful than before.
Cons of Double Eyelids Surgery
- It can hurt the retina and thereby affect visibility power.
- Also, it can lead to some temporary problems around your eyes, including itching, swelling or other significant side effects after surgery.
- It can damage eye muscles and cause difficulty opening the eyes.
- Besides, it can cause double or blurred vision just after surgery.
Care Instructions Needed Before And After Double Eyelid Surgery
Double eyelid surgery requires pretesting, proper medications and care before and after surgery to give effective results. Some care instructions suggested by doctors are-
Before the Operations:
- You must ensure to leave all cosmetic products like moisturizer, cream, and eye makeup attest 7 days before operations.
- Consuming a nutritious diet or diet that boosts eye health to recover fast and safely.
- You must take proper transportation to ensure an easy trip home after operations.
After the operations:
- Doctors recommend using ice packs to reduce inflammation for a couple of days after the surgery.
- It’s recommended to sleep with the head elevated for at least 7 days to keep stitches properly set.
- Also, avoid your eyes coming in contact with other manipulation things like digital products for at least 4 weeks after surgery.
Is Double Eyelids Surgery Expensive?
Yes, double eyelid surgery is an expensive procedure mainly done by people performing in the beauty industry. It costs around $4,000 to $7,000 for those who perform both the upper and lower eyelids. Also, besides doctors, you must pay additional fees for hospital charges, medication, post-surgery care and others.
What Are The Potential Risks Of Performing Double Eyelid Surgery?
Double eyelid surgery often enhances beauty, but it causes certain risks to eyes and vision. Let us see below-
- It can lead to infection of the eyes, cause heavy bleeding during surgery, and others.
- Also, it can lead to scarring, or sometimes there may be loss of vision.
- It can lead to future surgery if the result is not expected.
Double eyelid surgery is an effective way to enhance the beauty of the eyes and make them larger than before by removing the tissue from the upper eyelid and creating a crease-like appearance. However, to get the surgery done properly, discussing everything, like causes, risks, complications, and future perspectives, is important.