Morning is a time were we start off our day fresh. These times it’s necessary to start the right and the best way possible since it could influence the whole day.
For many individuals, blood pressure tends to be higher in the morning hours compared to other times of the day. This interesting incident has drawn the attention of both medical professionals and researchers, as understanding the reasons behind it is crucial for managing and preventing hypertension, or high blood pressure.
The Reason Behind Morning Hypertension
Many people notice several signs in their body like high blood pressure which is concerning. Let’s check the possible reasons and how to tackle the issue.
- The Body’s Natural Rhythm
The human body is said to have a circadian rhythm like a clock working internally this contributes to variations in the blood pressure within the day. The blood pressure is lower at night due to sleeping and hikes up in the day to prepare yourself to wake up and start your day.
- The “Morning Surge”
Your body demands to wake up, start the day, and do chores as a natural response. This response is termed as a Morning surge, not just physical but also emotional needs of starting your day as well. The BP hikes are due to the body preparing for increased activity and alertness.
- Morning Stress
The morning surge effect also causes stress in some cases as it’s hectic to start a day. Thinking of the tasks ahead like work or other responsibilities’s likely to cause Morning stress that spikes your BP.
- Hormone Levels
Another factor that plays a huge role in BP spikes is the hormones present within the body. Cortisol and adrenaline are released at the start of the day called the “Cortisol awakening response”
- Morning Routine
Morning routines like consuming caffeine products like coffee and so could be the other reason behind high blood pressure. People also take medications, especially for BP hence it can also affect them.
Your body lacks fluid as you sleep throughout the night with breathing and perspiration processes leading to mild dehydration in the morning resulting in blood being more concentrated increasing BP.
- Sleep Apnea
Sleep Apnea is a condition affecting your breathing turning it to repeatedly breathing interrupting sleep. This causes morning hypertension spiking high blood pressure.
- Medication Timing
Taking medications for BP or other conditions and timing of the intake can highly affect the body in several ways. Hence take medications the right way whether it is time amount or method of taking.
- Lifestyle Factors
Lifestyle and the choices you make influence the morning hike in BP. Habits like smoking, alcohol consumption, and little to no physical activity can negatively impact you in numerous ways. Therefore to manage BP levels always opt for healthy lifestyles.
Morning Hypertension vs. Chronic Hypertension
It’s important that you understand the difference between each as both affect differently and show signs differently. Morning hypertension specifically affects and spikes the BP levels in the morning or at the start of the day and turns back to normal. Meanwhile, Chronic hypertension is consistent and elevations happen throughout the day
What to Do About Morning Hypertension?
If you’ve noticed higher blood pressure in the morning, there are steps you can take to manage it:
- Measure Your Blood Pressure: Regularly monitor your blood pressure, especially in the morning. This will help you and your healthcare provider understand your specific patterns and whether interventions are needed.
- Medication Timing: When taking medicines make sure you take them under supervision and mostly monitor the timings with a healthcare expert. Do follow the guidance and adjustments that you have to make.
- Lifestyle Changes: Practice healthy lifestyles with proper diet, and staying physically active by exercising and playing games. Focus on a healthy lifestyle by maintaining a balanced diet, and staying physically active by taking part in physical games.
- Stay Hydrated: Ensure to hydrate yourself, especially in the morning make sure you avoid excessive caffeine and other products
- Manage Stress: Take part in relaxation techniques or yoga to manage and prevent stress and control your daily routine
- Consult a Healthcare Provider: If the issues you’re facing are consistent do visit an expert to tackle the issues and examine you to suggest what’s the best. They might confirm whether you need medications or further treatment.
Morning hypertension or the spikes in Blood Pressure in the morning could be of many factors. The article has suggested the likely reasons and how to handle it. Despite the fact that it is harmless for several people the other half might face trouble. Monitor it regularly and tackle the issue with the right approach in order to avoid risks and stay on the safe side.