There can be many reasons for ticklish feet, such as environmental conditions, ongoing medical treatments, etc. Besides, the tickling sensation also depends on our sitting or sleeping position. Resting in a fixed position without any movement may apply pressure on specific nerves and cause a ticklish feeling.
Moreover, some people may experience the sensation compared to others. So, let us dive down and explore the various reasons for ticklish feet and also see why some people are more sensitive than others.
Different Reasons That Can Cause Ticklish Feet
- Lack Of Vitamins In The Body
Vitamins are necessary nutrients that are important for our health. Thus, its deficiency can be responsible for various health issues, and one can be ticklish feet.
- Vitamins such as E, B1, B-6, and B12 play a crucial role in the function of the nervous system.
- Not having these vitamins in our body can cause problems to the nervous system, which gives rise to tickling feet.
- Thus, the solution for this is to have a vitamin-rich diet, such as having almonds, fish, beans, eggs and much more.
Ensuring that your body does not lack vitamins can help you reduce ticklish by keeping your nervous system healthy and functional.
- Medical Conditions Such as Diabetes
Ticklish feet can also occur due to medical conditions such as Diabetes and Neuropathy. The high amount of sugar in your blood can lead to the dysfunction of specific nerve fibres.
- Too much sugar in our blood vessels can damage the peripheral nerve, which lies outside the brain and spinal cord.
- Any damage to the peripheral nerve can lead to the disruption of signals sent by the brain.
- Thus, the disruptions of signals conducted by nerve fibres can cause a tingling sensation in your feet.
Hence, it is important to pay attention to your sugar levels. You can control your sugar levels with daily exercise, a fibre-rich diet, and avoiding sugar amount in your foods.
- Consumption Of Excess Alcohol
The consumption of excess alcohol can damage your nerve fibres, which is called alcohol neuropathy. Besides, alcohol can also disrupt brain signals, which can lead to a tingling sensation in the feet.
- Controlling alcohol is important because it can interfere with the brain’s communication pathways and affect its work.
- Alcohol is also considered a depressant that affects the central nervous system and reduces its functionality. This can slow down brain activity and affect its signals.
- Also, alcohol interferes with brain receptors, which are important for communication between the brain and nerve cells.
Therefore, alcohol consumption can affect your brain signals and nervous system to cause a tickling sensation in your feet.
- Nervous System Disorder Such As Multiple Sclerosis
Multiple sclerosis is a central nervous system disease, and in this condition, the loss of the protective layer of nerves takes place, which is called myelin.
- Losing myelin can cause several unusual sensations in the body, which also include the tickle feeling in feet.
- This feeling can be burning, itching, or something crawling under your skin.
- Moreover, multiple sclerosis can also cause numbness of different body parts, which can lead to tickling sensations.
So, among all the other reasons, multiple sclerosis can be another reason for tickled feet. In this case, it is better to consult a neurologist and get the right treatment.
Reason Behind The More Sensitivity Of Some People Than Others
There can be several reasons for people being more sensitive than others, such as age, environmental conditions, genetic differences, and skin conditions.
The sensitivity of people can vary with age because as you get older, your skin becomes more thin and prone to injury. It is the same with babies because their skin is in the developing process and can be harmed.
Further, environmental conditions such as temperature, weather, and climate can also make people more sensitive than others. For instance, a person’s skin adapted to the low-temperature region may get an uncomfortable sensation when exposed to hot weather conditions.
Ticklish feet can be due to a wide range of reasons, and we explored some of them with this article. Moreover, we talked about the various aspect that makes some people more sensitive when compared to other. However, if you are not sure of the reason for your ticklish feet, then it is better to consult a doctor.