Are you fed up with your coughing problem, which is affecting your daily life? If yes, then hold on to this article because it will help you to calm your cough. It explores some of the best tips to get relief from your cough. So, just dive down and see how you can calm your cough and get relief.
8 Best Tips To Get Relief From Coughing
1. Honey Will Be A Sweet Way To Calm The Cough
Honey not only makes your food sweet, but it is also a great ingredient for calming your cough. Having one or two spoons of honey can act as a cough suppressant.
- It can create a smooth coating over your sore throat and soothe your coughing.
- Honey can create a thick coat of receptors, which gets irritated and causes coughing.
- You can have one or two tablespoons of honey at the time of coughing to get instant relief.
2. A Glass Of Luke Warm Water Can Help
Another way by which you can calm your cough is by drinking a glass of lukewarm water. It can help your throat to relax and lower the urge to cough.
- Drinking lukewarm water can help you clear your throat of any irritants causing a cough.
- It can also make your throat moist and smooth to stop the urge to cough.
- Moreover, having a glass of lukewarm water can relax the muscles of the throat and give relief from coughing.
3. Holding Breath For A Short Interval
When you are coughing continuously, you can try holding your breath and repeat the process by taking breaks. This is because breathing can irritate the lungs and cause coughing.
- This can give your throat muscles time to relax and avoid the urge to cough.
- Also, holding your breath and taking breaks can prevent you from breathing any irritants that cause coughing.
4. Drink A Wholesome Cup of Hot Ginger Lemon Tea
A hot cup of lemon tea will surely calm your coughing. Ginger and lemon have properties that can reduce lung and throat irritation.
- Drinking hot ginger lemon tea will make sure to soothe and help your throat to relax.
- While ginger adds anti-inflammatory properties to the tea, lemon brings Vitamin C that can calm your cough.
5. Gargale With Saltwater
Take a glass of water and a pinch of salt in it and try gargling two to three times with it. This can also be a great way to calm your cough.
- Salt is made of sodium and chloride, which can kill the bacteria causing cough.
- Gargling with salt water can also make sure to loosen the mucus to prevent the urge to cough.
- Moreover, any inflammation in your throat will also be reduced if you gargle saltwater.
6. Intake A Zesty Slice Of Pineapple
Are you fond of eating pineapples? If yes, then let me tell you that pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain that helps in calming coughing.
- Having a slice of pineapple while coughing can loosen the mucus and prevent you from coughing
- You can also make pineapple juice and take a sip every time you feel like coughing.
- A slice or juice of Pineapple can help you soothe your throat and avoid coughing.
7. Have A Bowl Of Hot Broth Or Soup
Having a bowl of soup or broth will be a flavorful way to relieve a cough during winter. Thus, go on to prepare a nice bowl of soup.
- Hot soup can ease your throat muscles and lower mucus build that causes cough.
- Having a healthy bowl of soup can also boost your immune system to fight bacteria-causing cough.
8. Inhaling Steam Will Be Useful
Inhaling steam can also help you calm your cough. The hot steam can loosen mucus and reduce irritants in your lungs that make you cough.
- Simply take some water in a bowl and heat it up till boiling.
- Then, you can inhale the steam, covering your head and face over the bowl with a towel.
- This warmth from the steam will relax your throat and lungs and make sure to calm your cough.
Though all these tips are effective in calming cough for everyone, you can try more than one way to find which gives you better results. Moreover, if your coughing is too serious and frequent, then you must consult a doctor.