Are you losing hair more than it grows? Then that must be a result of a weak scalp and loose hair follicle. Experiencing this condition can be incredibly frustrating when all attempted remedies prove ineffective, offering no positive outcomes. This condition can befall anyone, even those with full shiny hair may have a reverse, so it’s mandatory to learn how to keep the scalp healthy resulting in strong shiny hair. This article will disclose 8 tips to help you resolve issues relating to hair scalp and overall hair health.
Identify The Underlying Conditions That Makes Hair Unhealthy
Hair growth, care, and maintenance are vital to derive strong shiny hair and overall vibrance. The state of one’s hair can contribute to their overall appearance, and for some, it may be seen as a reflection of personal grooming and mental well-being. Let’s identify the conditions that make it unhealthy below:
- Scalp Infection
- Telogen effluvium
These conditions can lead to hair loss making the hair unhealthy.
What You Should Know About Hair Follicle
The hair follicle is the tiny opening in the skin and on the scalp from which hair strands emerge. Maintaining healthy hair follicles is essential to growing healthy, strong shiny hairs. A poor scalp can weaken the hair follicle and this will definitely create the problem you are dodging__ that’s an unhealthy scalp!
How To Maintain Hair Follicles Generally?
- Massage your scalp gently every day using your fingertip: This can help stimulate blood flow to the follicle and bring more blood that is rich in nutrients to grow the hair regularly and foster thick hairs.
- Always use a mild shampoo: Harsh shampoos can make the hair dry resulting in hair follicles producing sebum in excess to cover up for the lack of oil. Endeavor to use a mild shampoo to keep the hair from drying out and enhance thicker and fuller hair.
- Eat healthy food: Protein is essential and should be part of your diet daily. Hair strands are made of a protein called keratin. Always take nutrients that benefit hair growth such as zinc, iron, B vitamins, and silica.
What Is An Unhealthy Scalp?
An unhealthy scalp shows hair breakage, hair loss, redness, acne, pain, dandruff, cysts and itching.
Signs Of Unhealthy scalp
An unhealthy scalp calls for concern, everyone admires good-looking shiny hair but when the scalp is unhealthy it makes the hair unattractive.
The following show ways to identify an unhealthy scalp.
- Extreme dandruff
- Excessive Oiliness
- Oily scalp
- Hair loss
- Peeling of scalp skin
- Bumps on scalp
- Reddish painful scalp
8 Tips For A Healthy Scalp And Shiny Hair
Dandruff and itching of hair can make you uncomfortable even resulting in headaches. Below are 8 highly effective tips you can use to maintain a healthy scalp and shiny hair:
- Use products without harsh irritants: most hair products are made using harmful chemicals like sulfates, parabens, and allergens capable of irritating the hair and scalp.
- Use Silicone-free products: It will be best to use because silicon tends to strip the scalp of its natural oil which is essential for healthy hair growth.
- Ensure proper scalp cleaning: Cleansing will help keep the scalp healthy and free from flakes.
- Regularly exfoliate scalp: This is important because it helps to get rid of dirt and impurities that block hair follicles.
- Take hair vitamins: This will help to boost scalp health.
- Do not expose your scalp to the sun often: Always protect your hair and scalp by wearing a hat or spraying lightweight sunscreen.
- Use Conditioning: This will help prevent the scalp from getting dried.
- Use a nourishing scalp serum: Scalp serum enhances deep scalp cleansing and it treats Dandruff, itchiness, and hair loss.
A healthy scalp leads to healthy hair growth. If the scalp is weak, it can certainly lead to weak hair follicles which can cause hair loss, hair breakage, dandruff, and itchiness. For overall well being it is important always to maintain the hair and keep it clean. Make sure to use mild conditioning. Don’t make your hair too oily, naturally, the hair produces oil, so make sure to apply a little hair oil to keep it shiny. When the hair scalp is healthy, it can foster strong shiny hair!