Common skin rashes can vary in effectiveness. Some may be mild, while some can be painful and severe. Moreover, skin rashes are a condition that everyone may have experienced at some point in their life. Suffering from rashes can have a drastic impact on our day-to-day life.
6 Common Skin Rashes That Everyone Can Fall Victim
Here, we’ll break down what causes these rashes and provide straightforward tips on how to treat them. Whether you’re dealing with redness, irritation, or other skin concerns, our aim is to make the process of finding relief as simple and easy to understand as possible.
1. Jock Itch
Jock itch skin rashes occur mainly in the warm and moist areas of the body, such as groin and armpits. This skin rash is caused due to fungal infection in the area. Jock itch causes itchiness, redness on the skin. Besides, sometimes it can be painful and give burning sensations in the area affected. Thus, here are some ways to cure it.
- There are antifungal creams and sprays available which you can use to heal it.
- Try to keep the affected area dry and clean.
- Take prescribed oral medications from a dermatologist in case the infection is severe.
Ringworm is another skin rash that is caused due to fungal infections. This can occur in groins, armpits, necks, and other warm and moist areas of the body. Ringworm causes a circular shape rash, redness, and itchiness on the skin. Besides, it can also give burning sensations and cause pain.
- Ringworm can be treated with non-prescribed antifungal creams, lotion, powder, etc.
- Another way to cure ringworm is to keep the area clean and dry.
- Home remedies such as applying turmeric, apple cider vinegar, and coconut oil can also help in curing ringworms.
Shingles can be painful rashes and cause blisters, itching, and redness on the skin. It mainly occurs in the torso area but can also affect other parts of the body. Besides, shingles can cause headaches, fever, chills and fatigue. Here are some ways to cure and heal shingles.
- Some natural remedies can be using tea tree oil and chamomile oil.
- Medicine that can be bought without a prescription are Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen.
- Include Vitamin A, B12, C and E in your diet with meats, eggs, fruits and leafy veggies.
Scabies can be caused by tiny mites known as Sarcoptes scabiei or skin contact with another person suffering from it. The most common symptom of this skin rash is itchiness in the affected area. Besides, it all causes itchy small bumps on the skin. The scabies condition can be cured and treated with medications such as:
- Permethrin, which can be applied on the skin and washed off after 14 hours.
- Crotamiton is another cream that can be used on the skin to cure scabies.
- Ivermectin is a pill that can be taken to treat scabies.
Eczema is a skin condition that causes dryness itchy, red skin. This skin rash can vary from person to person as some might have small patches of it while others may experience it all over the body. Moreover, Eczema is inherited, which means children with parents who have asthma or allergies can have higher chances of falling victim to this skin rash.
- Use moisturises to prevent skin dryness. Apply them throught the day to keep the skin hydrated.
- Take oral anti-inflammatory medicines such as antihistamines. It will help to reduce swelling and redness.
- Include fish oil, vitamin D, selenium, turmeric, and Zinc in your diet.
Measles can be identified as small red spots which start from the face, particularly the hairline and spread to the neck, back, arms, and legs. This skin condition is considered a very contagious disease as it can rapidly infect someone through respiratory droplets when the affected person sneezes or coughs. There is no specific cure for Measles, but there are measures to treat it.
- A Measles vaccine must be taken within 72 hours of infection.
- It is better to take enough rest and stay at home to prevent the disease further.
- Get medications for antibiotics, fever, and Vitamin A for children who have low levels of it.
These were some common skin rashes that anyone could fall victim to. So, pay attention to the symptoms and use medication to heal them. Besides, consult a dermatologist in case the rashes conditions are severe. Moreover, to prevent skin rashes, keep your skin clean and hygienic, especially in warm and moist areas of the body.